carlablogs.com

Monday, October 13, 2008

Learning Chinese

inspired by rui di's (randy aka bebe ko) post, here's a blast from the past!! i just wanna share a blogpost from my previous blog way back 2006. :) i am indeed constantly learning new things! :) recently i've learned 2 new meaningful sentences in chinese: rui di AI ka la (randy loves carla); WO AI NI, rui di! ( i love you, randy!)


i miss my Chinese lessons way back in kindergarten and elementary days!..twas fun learnin' the Chinese language! my teacher (we call her syen-sei) gave me my Chinese name..and my name is TO-KA-LA! =) the surname goes before the first name. Here's how it is written..

i remember my friend's Chinese name is "hua deng" (his father gave him his name..i dunno if he has a Chinese blood)..and i would tease him "hua deng -badeng (sounds like bading)"..*lol* gee im bad! but twas just a joke..then my friend would call me back "ka-la-to"! nyaha! ;P
back to the story..;) I even taught my mom (by the way, i'm a pure Filipino that's why..) how to count and write in Chinese coz she's helping me out with my homework..well, i dunno how to study on my own then. at the age of 5, i would mumble et..di..sa..si..go..lak..chet..pwe..kaw..chap.. when im counting then po..pho^..muo..fu^o..te..t-hu..ne'..le.. when im reciting the alphabet.. =) then we would write the "ren si lang".."ta si twa"..so on and so forth..my lips pouts and my tongue twists whenever i utter a single Chinese syllable..they really like to stare at my lips everytime i pronounce the word. hehe they were amazed by how i recite and sing in Chinese *wink* hehe *bow* :P
Twas during those elementary days that i kinda found the subject not-so-interesting anymore..its bcoz i got tons of homework and lessons to study in my other English subjects..my focus was deviated and i gt sleepy during chinese classes coz it's from 1:00 to 2:30pm.. Twas during the Meteor Garden mania that i regret not continuing my Chinese lessons then. F4 was blowin' the airwaves with their popular Chinovela and songs..i tried to recall what i've learned and alas, i can only remember a 'lil and can't even understand the dialogue in Chinese..nyargh..nwei, its not a big deal coz they're dubbing it in Tagalog. =) but i like singing the F-Four hits.."Ni-bou-gwai..ni sher hai wei chua lai..coz i can't help falling in love with you"..ahaha soundtrack of the movie Lilo and Stitch..=) and a couple of F4 hits..Haay, i miss my Chinese classes.. =)
Well, that's all for now..i hafta go home..class dismissed! *lol*

chay huey! (goodbye!)

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home