carlablogs.com

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Carla heart Aedner

Hmnn...where do i begin? :)

The first time i saw aedner was way back in april 2008. i just came home from an onshore assignment in new york then. there were lotsa new faces in ODC, and one of 'em was Aedner. Later i found out that we actually belong to the same project but of different teams. he belongs to the offshore testing team while i belong to the data-prep team. We we're not acquainted at all. as far as i can remember, our paths never crossed in hallways or in office aisles. pardon, but i really forgot how i first heard or knew his name. yet, i can somehow recall the name coz it's unique.. i've never known anyone named 'aedner'. never seen him in the 37th floor for i dunno how long. i am also not aware that his workstation was transferred to the 39th floor..we're simply colleagues at work then. :)

A few months later came the announcement of onshore assignment in Illinois , initially via email. The first thing i did was find out who the other eleven persons i'm gonna work with for that proj. Amongst the 11, i was only familiar of two names and one of the two is randy tolentino (aedner's real name). So what's the etymology of 'Aedner'? Accdg to Randy Tolentino himself, Aedner is how you read Randy backwards..just like a palindrome. Hmnn with some twist on the pronunciation I guess just to make it sound....nice :) My first conversation with Aedner was..... during our handover call , two days before our flight date..askin' me about my flight details and the reason why I haven't joined the team dinner prior the handover call..twas just actually a short, simple conversation.. :)

I just got to know more about Aedner during our flight from Japan to Chicago . We were seated together on the rear of the plane. We were both complaining on the disturbing sound of the roaring plane engine that wouldn't permit us to sleep. :P In between meals or whenever we're both awake, we share a good conversation..anything goes. :) We also had vodka with apple juice. :) twas a bad timing drinking vodka in the midst of turbulence. waaah! Got me tipsy..but I'm glad I didn't vomit! Waahaa! ..This plane incident was the start of friendship. :)

During our first few weeks in Chicago , we spent most of the time together simply because we're on the same car pool.. we share a smooth ride to and from the office...go to places together..hang out together..even at the office, our workstations were just next to each other..i was just simply enjoying the camaraderie then..nothing more than that. :)

A few more weeks pass by..i got to know aedner more...appreciating things he did not just for me but to his team/friends as well. Honestly, I find him sweet not just to his friends but most of all to his family. I got to know the persons who play a meaningful part in his life based from his stories.. (but not his past romantic relationships. believe me I knew nothing about his past relationships then. All I know is that that he's single and available :P) Unconsciously I got used to spending time with the group with Aedner always by my side or somewhere close to me. :) At that time, all I know is that I enjoy his company. :) It never crossed my mind that he's treating me special amongst the rest. Believe me, I couldn't tell! really!... OR is it just me, not giving malice on his acts? OR am i not sensitive enough to know? Truth is, I dunno exactly how my 'special' feeling for him started bugging the aorta of my heart and the hypothalamus of my brain. :) it just happened :) then it grew into something I unconsciously wouldn't admit..or I unconsciously wouldn't want to define.. coz I'm scared to face the 'truth' that what I felt was REAL and still struggling to determine by that time if the feeling is either WRONG or RIGHT!..haayz.. I was afraid that if I would listen carefully and paid much attention to the rhythm of my heart, I would eventually...FALL for him. *sigh*
I admit, I'm careful with my actions as well as in choosing my words just so it wouldn't show :P i'de rather keep the feeling to myself alone..but at the same time battling with my own heart, trying to suppress my feelings! waaah! twas so complicated! but i still chose to suppress my real emotions and was contented to keep it that way..for me, twas best if i kept it that way.

Time has come for the magic 10 to go back to ODC..everyone seems extremely happy and excited going home to meet their loved ones and friends.. yes, I do miss my family and friends too and I am happy to see them again..but a part of me was partly torn apart..and it's because Aedner's not coming back with us to phil..the thought that I only have a couple of days left to talk to him..listen to his stories..ool around with him..sit next to him.. made me feel so SAD... :(
But still, i didn't want him or anyone else from the team to notice that i was sadder than sad, especially on our last day in Illinois. :( i tried to hold back the tears when i waved goodbye...i can feel the lump of pain stuck in my throat from trying to hold back..in the corners of my mind i was trying to convince myself i would be ok and that i have to eventually move on... :(

The following week upon my arrival in phil, Aedner constantly kept in touch thru ym voice, chat, and phone calls. and to keep the long story short... somewhere in the middle of our conversation, he just confessed his feelings for me, saying he's serious in courting me..i think by that time, he was able to say everything he was supposed to say and tell me things i was supposed to know *blush*. :) so let's just keep it that way *wink*.. honestly, i was surprised because i really wasn't expecting that's how special I am to him..as he is to me :) the truth is, i really couldn't tell by his gestures that he likes me then though i felt his thoughtfulness and care...coz as per my observation, he's also doing the same thing to his friends..well, well he's "maasikaso", sweet and thoughtful in nature. :) *ehem!* ..the same reason why he got my "i'm yours" aka "YES!!!" :)
yes, i borrowed the words "i'm yours" from jason mraz song to confirm that it's official. :) and now i'm officially his! and he's mine. :) so this is how it feels. :) weeeeee! :D
yes, i am inspired. and he is! At first we're a lil confused of the date and time hehe coz we're in different time zones. but we decided to follow Chicago time. after all, that's where it all started. :)

This is just the prologue of our love story. many things are yet to unfold. May God continue to bless and guide us as we unravel His plan for both of us. :)

and yes, i'm happy. he's happy. we are in love! :D

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home